Plumbers Local 130 welcomes municipal workers only to participate in free health screening. Take this opportunity to identify health risks and talk to a clinician about your test results. Appointment only - no walk-ins (make an appointment below). Available tests include: Total Cholesterol, HDL-Cholesterol, LDL-Cholesterol, Triglycerides, glucose, blood pressure, and body mass index as well as TSH, Vitamin D, Hemoglobin A1C and PSA. More about the tests available:
- Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, and Triglycerides - Lipid cholesterol help to identify heart disease. Your test results will be available to you at the time of the test and you will have an opportunity to talk with a nurse about your results.
- Glucose identifies a potential risk for diabetes. Your test results will be available to you at the time of the test and you will have an opportunity to talk with a nurse about your results.
- Hemoglobin A1c is a measure of how well controlled your blood sugar has been over a period of about 3 months. It essentially gives a good idea of how high or low, on average, your blood glucose levels have been. A1c is indicated for those with a diagnosis of diabetes and/or a high glucose level at the time of testing.
- PSA - Prostate Specific Antigen is indicated for men over the age of 50 and provides a baseline or change in PSA levels over time, which can indicate prostate cancer or other conditions. (Optional test)
- TSH - Thyroid Stimulating Hormone - TSH levels show whether your thyroid is making the right level of thyroid hormones. The thyroid supports a healthy weight and nervous system. When in imbalance, symptoms such as weight gain and abnormal heart rate. Know your numbers. (Optional test)
- Vitamin D helps regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body. These nutrients are needed to keep bones, teeth and muscles healthy. A lack of vitamin D can lead to lower bone density. (Optional test)
Pneumonia and tetanus vaccination may also be provided for those that qualify. To qualify, submit your vaccination history to Nikki Marie Kinney at Nikki.Kinney@cerner.com on or before February 18, 2021. COVID-19 vaccination is NOT being performed at this event.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact US Wellness at email@example.com.